U.S. automakers report double-digit sales increase in June
The U.S. three biggest automakers, namely General Motor, Ford and Chrysler, Friday all reported double-digit U.S. sales increases in June, led by Chrysler's 30 percent increase from a year earlier, which showed an upbeat recovery in the country's auto industry.
Chrysler Group LLC sold sales of 120,394 in the U.S. market, which represented the best June sales since 2007. GM and Ford reported a monthly sales of 215, 358 vehicles and 194,114 vehicles respectively, rising 10.2 percent and 13.6 percent from the same period of last year.
"June was the best month for Chrysler Group since March," said Michelle Krebs, a senior analyst with Edmunds.com, "Chrysler strength is coming from its crown jewel, Jeep, with sales up 74 percent. The company is now also having success with the smaller Jeep products, the Compass and Patriot."
Ford and GM cited the growth of fuel-efficient cars as the major contributor of their sales increase. "with continued strong consumer demand for GM's fuel-efficient vehicles, June was another solid month for us," said Don Johnson, GM U.S. sales chief.
Don also estimated June's seasonally-adjusted annualized sales rate would be 11.9 million vehicles, compared with 11.8 million in May.
Meanwhile, Ford U.S. marketing vice head Ken Czubay emphasized that strong demand for Ford's fuel-efficient cars and crossovers continues in the month and "truck buyers return to the market with significant appetite for our fuel-efficient V6 engines."
Among the top Japanese automakers, who continue to struggle with earthquake-related shortages, Toyota Motor Corp. said its U.S. sales dropped 21 percent to 110,937 due to low inventories. Honda Motor Co. Ltd. reported a 27.1 percent decline for the month with total sales of 83,892. Nissan sold 71,940 vehicles, increasing 11 percent from a year ago.
Products & Services
The reason for your choosing Chinacir
- General view of Chinacir's key data
- Why is Chinacir's report price higher than other companies?
- What are the features of Chinacir's customized service?
- What are the advantages and features of Chinacir's service?
- How authoritative is Chinacir or what is the position of Chinacir within the industry?
- What are the differences of market survey modes between Chinacir and other companies?
- What long-term and regular customers does Chinacir have?
- What are the main sources of Chinacir's data?
- What is the composition of Chinacir's research group?
- What are the main forms of Chinacir's report?
- How to purchase Chinacir's exclusive and original report products online?
- How to avoid risks in online buying?